Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to my sister Keela

Today is my sister, Keela's, birthday. After my Grandma passed in April, my sisters and I were having one of those emotional moments thinking about our Grandma. Keela mentioned that she will miss getting a homemade card from Grandma for her birthday. (My Grandma was an amazing crafter and always sent us a homemade card that was BEAUTIFUL!) My sister Taylin decided then that we should surprise my sister Keela with homemade cards on her birthday. So, even though I made a card, it won't exactly make it for her birthday, so I thought I would post it, and hand deliver it when I head to Florida.

I decided to use materials that were given to me that used to belong to my Grandma. It was fun looking at all the quilling stash Grandma had. There were so many patterns to choose from. Patrick and I both got a little teary eyed when we saw some of Grandma's creations in the box, too. I sure miss my Grandma! I finally decided to do a Holly Hobby girl for my sister. She used to love Holly Hobby when she was younger.







Patrick decided to make a card for Keela too. Although his isn't quite as sweet. :o)



It says:


Happy Birthday Keela

To encourage you on your birthday, I decided to give you some examples of 40 from the Bible.


So here goes...
~The Children of Israel were punished to wander int he desert for 40 years!

~God destroyed the earth with a constant rain of 40 days and 40 nights!

~After 40 days of fasting, Satan tempted Christ!

OK, maybe forty isn't so wonderful...

But how should I know, It will be several years before I get there!!!


Have a Happy Birthday Keela! I sure do love you, my Sis!


5 comments:

  1. That was Great!! I can say that now cause I'm way past 40!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to keep a secret from Keela. Great idea Tay!
    Love your card Kami and Holly Hobbie was perfect for her. Patrick!!!
    Love and miss you all,
    See you in 9 days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are pretty cards i love making homemade cards have a big selections of stamps and stuff, also what a great memorie to have of your grandmother and to be able to use them on your sisters birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I please have your Skype number?Thank you! Camille Roy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are really nice.I love making cards as well.Have a wonderful day!!! Camille Roy

    ReplyDelete