Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time to get my Visa

We had a great visit with my Mom and Dad! We had planned that when they were going to go back to Florida, then I would too so that I could get my Visa. We decided I would need to take Elisabeth, because of her braces, and that since I didn't know how long I would be gone, I would take Silas and Callie with me, too. It was hard to say good-bye to Patrick, Josh, and Brenna. It's hard when you don't know when you will be back. Our goal was 2 weeks, but we knew it could take longer.

It was great to be able to travel with my parents and we had a great boat ride over to St. Martin! Silas loved pointing out all of the fish and birds to my Dad. I think he talked almost the whole time!









My sweet Beth is so faithful. Since we needed to get up early and hurry to get ready, she didn't get her morning devotions in. She was faithful to read on the boat. If it were me...I'd be faithfully feeding the fish! I can sometimes get a little seasick, so I just focus on the pretty water and watch the horizon. God made the sea so beautiful!



Marc (Patrick's brother) decided he would head back to the states on the same boat, and plane, as us. Mariane and Romea (Patrick's aunts) decided to come along on the boat to see Marc off. They enjoyed playing with Callie and she talked on Romea's phone most of the time.




It was a gorgeous day!




Callie loves her Uncle Marc and is sure going to miss him once we head back!






After our boat ride, we took a taxi to the airport and had some lunch there. We walked the kids around and tried to keep them awake so they would sleep on the plane.






Then, it was time to board the plane. I love in St. Martin how you take a bus, then get out and board the plane outside. You can see the ocean and it feels so tropical. I love it!And, yes, our plan worked! After about an hour Silas and Callie fell asleep, I tried to snooze, and Beth read a book. We left St. Barths at 8:15am and landed in Fort Lauderdale at 6pm. Then, first stop....McDonalds! Yay! Then, it's a 2 hour ride to Fort Myers. It makes for a long, long, day. But, praise the Lord, He blessed and we had a great journey back!




Now, it's lots of business of Visas and paperwork....and a little sisterly-love! I love my family!


1 comment:

  1. That water is so beautiful! And I remember boarding planes from the outside in Papua New Guinea growing up. Only difference--we walked out there, no buses to take you to the plane! Still fun though. Glad you had a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete