Monday, January 16, 2012

Scrappy Dots

About a year and a half ago I saw a magazine article with a quilt hanging in the background. The quilt was very scrappy and simply had dots all over it. I loved it! I thought about it for a while, then decided I had to try and recreate it! So, my mind began coming up with ideas and looking through my scraps. I began cutting and dreaming of having that quilt. I knew that my first goal of 2012 would have to be to finish (or should I say start :o) this quilt! So, I introduce to you, Scrappy Dots!
I'm excited about how this quilt turned out. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it! It might be Callie's big girl quilt when she gets a new bed, but I'm not sure! I loved the process of cutting up my scraps and using many different colors!Even as I look at the pictures I sort of giggle. It is different!
I decided to try and do the most quilting on this quilt that I've ever done. I did diagonal lines about and inch apart all throughout. It did take a while, but I love the crinkly effect! I also chose to use no batting since we live in the tropics! I just used a light flannel for the back. It is so soft!
And here's my label. No quilt is done without one!
My first finish of 2012! I'm already on my next project. I cut all of it last night. But, this one has a deadline since it's a gift, so I need to get busy!

10 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in LOVE! I have always wanted to start quilting, and this makes me want to even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!! You are sew creative. :-) Can't wait till we can sew together again. We'll have to have a quilting day. :-)

    Love you.....Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! You sure know how to turn out the projects fast! Looking forward to seeing your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks AWESOME! GREAT, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I found your blog from Crazy Mom Quilts and I wanted to say that I really love your dots quilt! It looks so fun!

    My husband and I are missionaries as well, to 3 Native American reservations in northern Wisconsin. We have 7 children, the youngest being 5 1/2 months old, and I home school the eldest 4 (4th, 3rd, 2nd, and kindergarten). I blog at The Days Dewings (www.dewings.us/blog/) as often as I can (which isn't as much as I'd like!).
    I'm excited for you with the soon-to-be arrival of your newest one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I love the circles and the colors. I made a circles quilt in December for my newest niece, and had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete