Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tomorrow, Mom!

This was our conversation after our morning prayer time around our breakfast table:

Me:  Good job praying!
Callie:  Momma, Micah not close his eyes.  he he
Me: No, but one day he'll be bigger and he'll close his eyes and do a good job praying, too.
Silas:  Mom, tomorrow Micah will be a big boy like me and he'll close his eyes and fold his hands and pray.  Tomorrow, Mom!

Oh, that' so true my Silas.  It will feel like tomorrow.  Time goes by too quickly and it will feel like only tomorrow when my baby boy will be walking, talking, and even praying like a big boy.

My mind went back to last night.  After everyone was tucked in, and I finished my turn in the bathroom, I saw the lights still on in the kiddos room.  I peeked in and saw that Elisabeth had joined Brenna on her top bunk.  Josh was on his top bunk on the bed next to them. The room was dark except for the soft yellow light around the top bunks.  Silas and Callie were sleeping all cozy in their own beds.   I listened in (for just a moment) and heard them pray for specific needs of our family (my St. Martin trip,  Callie to feel better, Souls to be saved in St. Barths, for the next school day)

 What a blessing it is for this Momma to hear her children pray...older ones and little ones as well. It truly does feel like yesterday when I was teaching my older three to pray.  Tomorrow came too quickly.  So I'm just going to savor the moment today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kam! That is just too sweet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make me cry. :-(
    I remember when my girls were little and now they're all grown up with kids of their own.
    Time goes by fast....enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete