Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Patrick's Post...


I am writing this quick "update" for Kami... 
(By Patrick)

Kami and I have talked so many times today and this week has provided a whirlwind of emotions, today was no exception.  Kami is exhausted and as we spoke on the phone she asked me to write a quick update for all of you who have been praying for our family.  

Here is the doctor's diagnosis in a nutshell: "We do not know what is wrong, but we are concerned."  

Kami's blood work has returned with several things "out-of-whack" as usual. 

- One marker in her blood that came back elevated is a marker for a blood clot. The doctor said that he wanted her to have one more CT scan to make sure that there is not a blood clot hiding somewhere in her body that has been overlooked... so Kami had this done at 2:30 this afternoon.  (Results will be discussed on Friday.)

- Then there were 3 markers that came back elevated and this is what really concerned the doctor.  These 3 markers are indicators for cancer.  The doctor specifically named Myeloma as a possible cause due to the symptoms that she is having as well as the results of the blood test.  (Myeloma is a bone marrow/blood plasma cancer.)  The doctor ordered more blood tests to be done to try to diagnose the cause of the elevation of these markers in her blood and this was done this afternoon.  (Results will be discussed on Friday.)

Needless to say, my beautiful wife is exhausted.  It has been a long week indeed for all of us.  We covet your prayers...

Oh, by the way, I want to tell my mother-in-law that she is indeed a wonderful lady and we love her so much!  She has been nurse, chauffeur, and babysitter through all of this.  Sometimes she even answers her cell phone, "Kami's answering service...How may I help you?"  

10 comments:

  1. If you can find Natures Sunshine distributors they have a wonderful machine called a compass that may be able to shed some light on everything. It dd for me. http://zytocompass.com/ it tells you what your body is needing in natural nutrients. Even after you diagnosis this may be helpful. the doctors still haven't called me back so I may have to redo that. Hope you find answers soon. I'm still praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Ann Blasco ZimmermanJuly 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

    I do not know you, but a friend is friends with you on face book. I am looking at your blog and weeping before the Father for you and your sweet family. Praying for the doctors to have wisdom, and for your complete healing. My husband was ill in 1994 at the age of 31. He had TTP. It was rare at that time, and no one could diagnose him. Please ask your doctors if they have looked for TTP, or ITP. It seems one diagnosis that is overlooked, I would hope the Mayo Clinic would be on top of things, if it's either of these. I sent you a friend request on FB. I would like to know how you are doing, as you progress through this valley. I can't wait to see what He has planned for you. God Bless. Elizabeth Zimmerman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patrick, your family and especially Kami, are never far from my thoughts. I'm dealing with a lot of medical stuff right now too but will continue to keep Kami's needs in prayer. I pray for God's hand of protection and life over her. God bless you and the children and give strength to all, including Kami's parents who are doing a wonderful job to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro. Patrick, thanks for the update - your family has been in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. Can't wait to see what God will do through all of this to bring honor and glory to His name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying for Kami! Thanks for the update. Hopefully soon the doctors will find out exactly what's wrong so they can help with her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're praying for all of you! Here's something that y'all may want to check out...https://herbdocblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for updating! We will continue to pray for each of you. Praise the Lord for such a wonderful Mother-in-law that is taking such good care of Kami and Micah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of you and praying for you all day long, Kami. My hubby is in Ukraine right now and our call to each other this evening involved a conversation about your family and our concern for you. Please know that you are not in this alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Added to this our Baptist Missionary Women group prayer list. Praying for you, Kami.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just joined Baptist Missionary Women this week and saw your blog the other day for the first time. I am praying for you, Kami. May the Lord be close and meet every, every need.

    ReplyDelete