Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A field goal to remember.


 So I mentioned we were enjoying Silas's birthday party and at the end the guys were kicking some field goals.  They were having fun and us girls were on the sidelines drinking cokes and laughing.  Then, I looked at the field and Patrick was on his back.  Poor guy was in a lot of pain.
Josh and I helped him off the field.  I knew he was hurting.  After the party he told me to take him to the ER.

Once we got to the VA ER we learned that Patrick had partially torn his achilles muscle in his calf.  That explained why he heard a popping sound when it happened.
They gave him a shot in the hip, a muscle relaxer and another pain killer, wrapped him up in a semi-cast, gave us crutches and sent us home.
As a side note, who knew bumps would be painful to go over in a wheelchair?  I don't know why they asked me to drive anyway!


 So, my sweetheart has been off of his feet for a couple of days and will see an Orthopedic Doctor on Thursday. He has been in quite a bit of pain, although today he is doing better.
Our church family has been so sweet with many calls, chocolate, sodas, chinese ice cream and visits.  They are amazing!

My competitive man is already planning his comeback!  Just not any time soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my that sounds painful! All the best (and prayers) for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for him and your family!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no. So sorry, Bro. Patrick! Hope you get to feeling better soon. We'll pray that it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete