Friday, April 15, 2022

Pippi's turn for goatwatch!

It was about a year and half ago that we bought Pippi.  She is a purebred, nigerian dwarf.  I love her blue eyes and peachy color. She's so cute!


Last year she labored forever and we came home to a stillborn big buckling.  I've been looking into more about goat births and realize that some intervention may have been necessary.  So, now that she's ready to deliver again, I hope we're ready!


The earliest she could be due is April 19th.  But, she might not be ready until the beginning of May.  


She's getting bigger and bigger.  I wonder if she may have 2? Or maybe 3?  I doubt she has quads like Trixie did.



 Silas and I have been revisiting our goals as Goat Farmers.  (I just love that)  We are going to focus on two breeds now.  I may go into the explanation of all of that in the future, but it's been tough to decide who to keep and who to get rid of.

But, for now, we watch Pippi.  We're ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Pippi is cute and I hope she has a safe delivery this time around. God Bless you and Silas as you work to help her.

    ReplyDelete