Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Finishing Up

I love homeschooling my children.  I love it!  I see them learn new things and grasp subject and ideas.  I love to see thier passion when they really like a subject and go above and beyond to keep learning.



Does it always happen this way?  Oh no. Somedays we trudge through and try to get all the assignments completed.  Somedays I go to bed that night wondering if they had learned anything at all.  


Sometimes we seem to have it all together.  Our home runs smoothly, we get done on time and the laundry is actually done.  Other days we move the pile of laundry to be folded out of the way so that we have room to put our books on the table!  :o)

But, regardless of the sometimes hecticness, I love it.  I love that my children are right there with me.  I love that I get to see firsthand what they are learning.  I love that I can see their passion and then feed it and watch it grow.  (History has been huge for Silas this year!  And my Micah is enjoying science.  Bugs, and rocks, and stars..oh my!)


We have been winding down our school year and as usual we have a chain up that marks our progress.  It's so satisfying to watch it get smaller and smaller.  

This year Micah even got a letter back from the White House!


And Callie won an award for the short story she wrote!



 And now we are finally done!  Woo Hoo!!!! I'm just as excited as the kids!  I warned them that I am going to be spending a whole lot of time floating around in our pool this summer!  Although, that was short lived.  Now it's on to summer goals and summer charts and things to learn.  :o)  Always a homeschool Mom, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment