Thursday, January 26, 2023

My last gift

My sweetie has always given me good gifts.  Especially at Christmas.  Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am? 

But this Christmas I was slightly worried.  He gave me a box that I was supposed to open last.  As I picked it up it sounded like jewelry.  But, it was a little heavy for jewelry.  As I opened it I saw a folded paper and something tarnishy-gold colored.  As I glanced closer, I saw that the gold colored thing was bullets.  Did he buy me a gun??  I have taken gun safety and have a concealed carry permit, but a gun?  Not really what I wanted on Christmas.  But, how do I tell my husband that was looking at me hoping I would be thrilled with my gift?

Then, I opened the paper and saw that he had booked for me and him a 3 night getaway to Jekyll Island.  Just the two of us.  Alone.  I was so happy!! (The bullets were to confuse me in case I shook the gift.  Which I did. ;o)  


It was so nice to get away together.  Jekyll Island is so beautiful.  And this time of year it is the perfect place to get away and enjoy some quiet.


We enjoyed lots and lots of yummy food together!


And the room he booked for us had a back door that walked right out to the walkway of the beach.



I was able to get up in the morning, watch the sunrise and have devotions with the Lord.  It was so precious!  Sunrise is really starting to be my favorite time of the day.

We read books and played games.  We shared our hearts together and talked plenty.


We also walked on Driftwood Beach.  This beach is amazing!  Somehow, lots of driftwood ends up there.  It's all along the beach and so beautiful!





And then one of my favorite things we did is to rent bikes and bike around the island.  That was so fun!

We went to the historic district, looked in the some of the shops, and stopped for lunch.  We loved it!



 I'm so thankful for some time with my hubby.  Every couple needs time away together.  Every couple needs time to reconnect, stare in each others eyes, talk without interruption, share hopes and dreams and relax together.  Every couple!  I'm so glad we made this happen!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful get away and the beach looks so beautiful. I love how your hubby 'tricked' you by putting a bullet in the box knowing you'd shake it, lol. He knows you well.

    ReplyDelete