Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Time to start school!

 We are so excited to begin our school year! I am loving homeschooling and it has been so much fun to research and you go over curriculum that I feel would meet each of my kids individual needs. We've had a lot of fun picking and choosing, and it's finally time to begin! 

Micah is my 7th grader. He loves science! He chose a great Physical Science class this year that I know is going to challenge him, but he'll learn a lot along the way. He's also taking sign language classes with Callie. God has placed a burden on their heart for the deaf people in our area. We're praying that God will bring them in!

Callie is officially in high school! She's my freshman 🙂 She is an amazing student and is so brilliant. She excels in all of her classes and is so diligent. Her note taking skills are amazing! She's excited to be taking biology this year. We bought her the labs, microscope and dissection kit. She's not so sure about dissecting the frog or the worm, but it will be an adventure for sure! She will also be taking some art classes. My girl has lots of art talents. I'm excited to see this grow and develop.

 Silas is my 10th grader. He is such a smart guy and is excelling! Science has never been his strong point but this year he has picked out a life science class that has a focus on creation/ evolution. He loves this topic. He is also taking a logic class. He reminds us so much of Josh and how he thinks and retains information.


We are also keeping up with piano lessons for each of them. Silas is continuing with the trumpet, Callie with the violin, and Micah with the guitar. 


I'm at the point in my parenting journey where I'm realizing I don't have a whole lot longer to school my children. There's still so much I want to teach them and so much I want to learn right along with them! Time is short so I'm doing my best to redeem every moment. That is my prayer each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment