Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gift for Madame Claire

I made this throw quilt for my Language Professor, Madame Claire, for Christmas. It was such an easy pattern! My Mom sent me the magazine with the pattern in it from Fons and Porter. I really like their stuff! It made it even more fun because Patrick and I made this quilt in 2 evenings. Yes, I typed that correctly...Patrick and I! It was so fun because we set up two ironing boards in the living room. We put the iron on one and the sewing machine on the other. I sewed and he ironed the seams after each step. We sewed, ironed, and watched football. It was great!
Madame Claire really seemed to enjoy her quilt when we delivered it to her on Christmas Eve. It was so fun making it! I can't wait until my next project!

3 comments:

  1. Love the quilt. You did a fantastic job. It is beautiful. Can't wait to start working on our block quilt again.
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! What is the name of that pattern. I would love to try and make one like that.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!
    Jenna, it was so easy to make and quick to put together. Perfect for a busy Mom!
    I think my MOm picked it up at JoAnn's. It's not really a magazine, but it looks like it. It's called Quilts for the whole family Paintbrush Studio by Fons and Porter.
    It's the pattern called Simple Steps.
    What is your current project?
    Happy New Year!
    Kami

    ReplyDelete