Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fresh picked flowers

When Patrick and I first got married he would often bring me home fresh picked flowers. I remember one time in Plattsburgh he brought me home the biggest-ever bouquet of Lilacs. They were so beautiful and our house smelled wonderful! Sunday morning he came in with a gorgeous bouquet of Tulips and Daffodils. They were so gorgeous and so colorful that they almost looked fake. (This picture is for you, Keela!) When we came home from church all of the Tulips had opened and were a beautiful red with a black center. How gorgeous!
Today I also had my 37 week appointment. I also met my back-up midwife (the one that only speaks french) The appointment went very well and the new midwife (Marie-Andree) seemed very kind and smiley. I understood about 50% of the appointment and was able to respond about 50% of the time. Not too terrible, but I am glad that my friend Estelle went with me. She will be our translator if we have to use the french speaking midwife. My midwife's (Monique) day off is Monday, so that is the only day that she will not be the one to attend the birth. Although Marie-Andree would be an excellent midwife, I'm really praying that I will go into labor any day but Monday. It would be nice to be able to communicate one on one with the person delivering my baby. Please pray about this with me.
Other pregnancy notes:
My weight is up :o(
My midwife thinks we won't go early
She also thinks baby will not be a 9 pounder like my others (we'll see about that, my babies always seem to gain lots of weight at the end of pregnancy)
And baby's heartrate has slowed from 140's to 120's (signs of a boy???hhhhmm)
So, praise the Lord things are right on schedule, although Brenna says she can't wait another day! She wants to meet her new baby brother/sister!

1 comment: