Saturday, February 12, 2011

Corkscrew Orange Grove

Another one of our adventures while Estelle was here.....Go Orange picking at an Orange Grove. My sister Tab found a great Orange Grove about 30 mins away. We drove and drove and went down roads I've never been down before. It was great! I love going off the beaten path! I think Orange Trees are some of the most beautifullest (is that a word?) trees. The trees at this grove were covered with lots of different kinds of oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit.
We all had a bucket on wheels and filled it to the brim with citrus for $11. Not bad!

With so many helpers, it didn't take us long to fill our bucket.








Logan loved helping Estelle fill her bucket. I could hear her sweetly talking to him telling him how to twist the fruit of so you won't hurt the branch. I think they both had a great time together.



It was great to have Estelle visit with us while Patrick was away. She is so helpful and so fun.
While we were at a homeschool park field trip, Estelle was pushing Callie in her stroller to help her get to sleep. She was pushing her stroller from the front so the sun wouldn't get in her eyes. One of the other mothers was watching how she was so helpful. She said, "I wish I had an Estelle!" It was a great week that just flew by! Praise the Lord for such wonderful friends!

1 comment:

  1. yum! A couple of years ago my mil went to s. Florida and picked oranges from her dad's yard. I had so much fresh squeezed orange juice :)

    ReplyDelete