Friday, October 26, 2012

Memory Quilt for my Mam-maw

WARNING!  DO NOT SHOW MY MAM-MAW :o)
 
 
My sweet Mam-maw is going to be turning 80 in January, so I wanted to make something special for her.  Why not a quilt?   I sent a message to my cousins asking them to send words that describe
Mam-maw.  I received some really great responses.  She sure is an amazing lady!

 I've never really done embroidery before, but I decided to embroider all of the names on the quilt blocks.   Then, using this pattern, I pieced it all together.  After the embroidery was done, this quilt came together very quickly and I really think my Mam-maw is going to love it!
Linking up today with Crazy Mom Quilts!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a super woman. I think your maw maw will love this quilt. It is made with love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great!!!! She is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt. You did a Fantastic job!!!! I started getting teary eyed when the girls showed it to me. I think I'll wrap it up and tell her it's from me. :-)
    Stitched with love,
    She is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete