Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas at Mom and Dad's

 Having 4 girls that each decided to have bunches of kiddos, my parents like to do Christmas with each family separately.  Of course they love to get together on Christmas for a big lunch with everyone there, but as for exchanging gifts, it works out a little easier for each family to come and share that time.  Our time was Christmas Adam.  (You know, the day before Christmas Eve)
 First we shared a dinner of Chinese Food.  I'm loving Chinese Takeout!  Then, we gave Mom and Dad the gifts we got for them.  Then, they started passing out gifts to us.  You could tell they thought and planned ahead to what each person would like.  They are so thoughtful!



 Silas, Callie and Micah are so excited about every gift opened.  Whether it is theirs or not.  Love their excitement!
 We're raising our kids right.  Silas was super excited to get an Eagles shirt!

 
 

 When Mom asked Josh what he wanted for Christmas, He joked that he wanted a hippo.  Well, that's exactly what Mom got him!  He loved it! 




 Brenna loves to hear Erin Bates play the piano.  She even has put up post it notes reminding us she wants these 2 CD's for Christmas.  She was thrilled when she opened them!

 My Silas loves anything cowboy!  He now thinks he's Gil Favor...trail boss.  Oh dear.



 When it was my turn to open gifts, I opened the heaviest one.  I was shocked.  They bought me a sewing machine!  I started to cry.  I guess you would have to love to quilt to cry over a sewing machine, but mine is still in a box across the ocean.  So, to have one to be able to sew with here makes me ready to sew until dawn!  I can't wait to have a quilt day with my Mom!  Love my gift!!!

 What a great evening.  We were truly spoiled.  So blessed to have my Mom and Dad for my parents.  They are pretty terrific!  Love you Mom and Dad!!

2 comments:

  1. We had a Jingle Time!! So happy you all could spend the Christmas season here in Fort Myers. (sorry it's because you're sick but still happy you're here). Loved all our gifts and can't wait to use my quilting ironing board. We'll have a sewing day with my board, your machine and the kids pool table/quilting table. :-) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete