Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A "Front Row Seat" for my Kiddos!

One thing I desire for my children is to have a "front row seat" in this christian life.  We love to sit close in church and listen to the preaching, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about putting my children in place where they will see the blessings and workings of God up close and personal.

As I was reading along in my Bible I came across a woman.  If you're anything like me, when I read about a woman in the Bible, my ears sort of perk up.  I want to know what she was like.  Did she love the Lord?  Did she serve Him?  What helped her succeed and what was the influence she had on others? What can I learn from her? Today I read about Mary, the mother of Mark.  This lady was pretty amazing! What courage she had! What influence she had on her children!!

In the midst of the church being persecuted, she opened her home for a prayer meeting!  They were praying for Peter who was in prison and sentenced to die.  By fulfilling this ministry of opening her home to others, she let her son have a "front row seat!"  Just think about what Mark was able to witness...

~He saw that prayer really does work! He had witnessed the miracle of Peter getting out of prison first hand.

~He was surrounded by others that had a love for the Lord, even in the midst of persecution.

~He met and knew very well other christians who worked hard and with courage for the cause of Christ.

~ He saw them bearing the burdens of others as their hearts cried out to God for Peter.

~He saw the awesomeness of our God.  He knew He was real!

All because his mother opened her home, and gave her son a "front row seat" of God's Blessings!

A few verses later we see that Mark had joined Paul and Barnabas on a journey where they "fulfilled their ministry"  He was used of God!  And I can't help but remember his Momma, and the influence she had on his life!

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Thank you for sharing....and I owe you an email....I'll write soon (at least I say I'll write you every day and think of lots of things to say to you :) )
    Love you!! Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful front row view :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I always love it when you write thought provoking posts :).

    ReplyDelete