Thursday, March 31, 2016

Good Treasure

What if I were to tell you that in your backyard you have a buried treasure.  I give you a lengthy map and after much searching you find the big giant X.  You begin to dig.  Whew!  It's hard work!  You finally hear a thud as a your shovel hits the treasure chest.  Then, you have to figure out how to lift it up!  After getting your muscle-y husband to help you, you open the chest and find gold, jewels, diamonds....a very valuable treasure!  Wow!

I read today in Matthew 12:35, that our heart can hold a good treasure.  It started me thinking, "What about my heart?  Does it hold 'good treasure' ? I sure do want it to.

We can learn some things about treasure:

~It is something you must search and find.  How's your searching for good treasure going lately?  It does take effort to fill your heart with the right things.  It's the easy road to fill it with things that are not 'good' and excellent for us.  I want to determine to search out the scripture and find my treasure.  It's there waiting for me everyday!

~It is something to protect and guard.  I need to be careful with this treasure in my heart.  It's easy to get distracted with "doing" things for the Lord and not truly "being" with Him and spending time with Him.

~It is something very valuable and irreplaceable.  The world's "treasure" won't do.  It won't satisfy.  It won't give me joy.  I want to remember how valuable God's Word and the treasure of living for Him is.   I want to fill my heart with it!


 What about your heart?  Does is hold 'good' treasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment