Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Time to Wait


Thank you so much, again, for the kind comments, emails, and messages saying that you are praying for me.  So blessed I am!

The bronchoscopy went well.  The Pulmonologist came in before the procedure and said that he was going to take a good look around my lungs.  He also said he was going to try to take a look at the cystic lesion behind my aorta using an ultrasound.  He also said that he truly didn't expect for it to be there anymore.  Not sure why.

I was nervous.  I answered the millions of questions, then they started me on a breathing machine with lidocaine.  It numbs my throat to reduce my gag reflex and coughing during the procedure.  It almost made me panic when halfway through I needed to swallow and didn't think I could.  That caused me to cough!  Reminding myself to calm  down and quoting verses helped.

Then, it was time to begin.  It's so strange being "consciously sedated."  I remember some things and then I don't remember some.  When I woke up, I was crying and asking for Patick.  They told me I had to wait an hour for him to be allowed to come back.

When the doctor came in to speak with us he said that he did find the cyst  (I think he was surprised) and was able to drain it.  They are sending it off to cytology to see what's going on.  If it comes back with nothing suspicious, then he just wants to keep an eye on it, and if it's still there and any larger in a year, then we'll need to remove it.

So, for now, we are waiting again.  Since there doesn't seem to be a clear direction for the pain, it's time for me to look into getting an injection at the Pain Clinic.  It's a route that I haven't wanted to take since we don't know why I'm hurting.  But, it's time. The doctors say it's time.  I need relief.

Thank you again for praying.  It's a blessing that I truly don't take for granted.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. Glad the cyst could be lessened for now. Will continue my prayers for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have an update from you Kami I'm sure there is a lot of anxiety around waiting and I pray you won't have to wait too long. I also pray the injection will give you relief from pain for much longer than expected. I know how it is when one doesn't want to take medicine and prolongs the taking of it. But sometimes it is time as the doctor say.Will continue praying for you. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete