Friday, July 27, 2018

Living It

Every had autocorrect get you?  Sometimes my phone thinks it knows better than me and sends something totally different than I wanted.  Sometimes I catch it.  Sometimes I don't. This recently happened to me.  It made me laugh at first.  Then, it caused my heart to stop a moment and ponder.

It has been a blessing to have a friend reading in same book of the Bible that I am reading in.   This month is Colossians month.  We send texts every so often sharing what we are learning and how the Lord is working on us.  Sometimes I send her pictures of my notes.  I had been reading in Colossians 3 and some of my favorite verses are verses 1 and 2.  I attached a picture of my notes on "Seeking"  and "Setting" and put "Loving chapter 3!" in the text message.   But, my phone had a mind of its own and before I sent the message I noticed it autocorrected my "Loving" to "Living".  So it said, "Living chapter 3!" Wow.  What a thought.  Am I "Living" chapter 3?

Am I seeking those things which are above?  Seeking implies actively looking. Am I looking for heavenly things in my life?  Or do I dwell on the down-here, discouraging things.
Am I setting my affections on things above?  Set implies that it's a choice what I set my affections on.  How are my choices?  What am I loving so much right now that I put my affection there.

 So many thought provoking questions arise from chapter 3.  Yes, I do love it.  But, I surely want to live it, too!

5 comments:

  1. Cute story. I find my phone often changes what I've typed and even when I catch the error it often sends the original error anyway! At least that's my story, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kami. It's been a while since I commented. I don't keep up so well with reading blogs while on furlough. But your post here was a blessing. It made me ponder as well. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited about one of your stops being at VSIBC! So thankful it worked out for you to come our way!!

      Delete
    2. Wow! That will be so exciting!!

      Delete
  3. This happened once when I typed "Jeremiah 29:11." I held the shirt button down too long and instead of "11," I accidentally typed "!!." So now every time I see that reference, I think of the exclamation points and think of how excited God is about His thoughts toward us. :)

    ReplyDelete