Thursday, August 30, 2018

Energy Food and the power of influence

  Sometimes it baffles me the power of influence that I have as a momma with my children. So it's a very sobering thought to know that the way I handle things and approach things my children will most likely adopt. It makes me so convinced that my attitude needs to be at its best!. It's something to work on that's for sure but I'm enjoying seeing that when I enjoy something my children just about usually do as well.

I decided to take this to heart with breakfast this past week. I woke up the kids and told them I am so excited that I was going to feed them energy cakes. What? I asked them, You've never heard of energy cakes?? :-) I told them it's something amazing and the more you get to put into it the more energy you will feel and the more you'll get accomplished. It makes for a really great day!

They were quite excited! I let them help me whip up some pancake batter that had lots of extra eggs in it. Then I laid out on the counter all kinds of energy ingredients that they could add to their pancakes. I reminded them that the more they added the better it would be! They got to choose from oats, chia seeds, flax seed, honey, Craisins, raisins, and cinnamon. They had so much fun personalizing their energy cakes. It was so cute because after the first bite Micah thought he could already feel the energy. And he was probably right, that kid sure is full of energy all the time! So that day was a success!
 I tried the idea again later in the week with Greek yogurt. They loved making energy cream :-)!
  And then we tried it once again with oatmeal. Now I'm not a fan of oatmeal. But energy oats? I really did like it and they sure did too!

It sure is my desire to influence my kids in the right way. And this sure was a fun way to do it!

1 comment:

  1. It sure looks like you are influencing your children and doing so in a most positive way dear Kami. I'm so glad to see it happening in many areas including healthy food choices. If one doesn't learn healthy eating early it can be a lifetime of headaches and re-learning (as in my case). Take care dear Kami.

    ReplyDelete