Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Day Filled with Thanks

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was so good to have Denise with us. We spent the day Wednesday baking and preparing and then Thursday more cooking and preparing and baking. I just love being in the kitchen with my family.
Micah did great chopping up the pecans for sweet potato casserole. This guy loves being in the kitchen too! :-)
The past several years Beth and Brenna have been my right hand girls in the kitchen. They join me and we all work together.
Callie had asked me the day before if she could help in the kitchen. She was so excited when I told her she could help peel potatoes. She's really growing up and learning how to do a lot although this year she ended up peeling more than just a potato. Poor thing had to wear a Band-Aid. She's learning!
Remember those abeka crafts? This year we incorporated decorating the table as well! These are first grade napkin rings that Micah cut out.


My turkey would never win in a photo contest. But I've been making Emilie Barnes' overnight turkey for over 20 years and we love it! It's so delicious and moist.

So thankful for friends that God has brought into our lives! And friends that bring chocolate? Even better :-)








A couple of hours after our big meal we invited Joshua, Tabitha, Liberty as well as Tabitha's family and grandparents to join us for dessert. It's such a blessing to get together, especially on a holiday!
 We had so many desserts. They were so yummy!


I think Liberty really loved Thanksgiving! She loved the pumpkin pie. She loved the bread. She just loves to eat! Sure do love this cutie pie!





What a wonderful day! A wonderful meal! And wonderful friends and family!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day!
    Would you mind sharing what the recipe with the green beans is? It looks so good!
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! It is a family favorite and we make it for most holidays. It's a recipe I had from a friend that I just slightly tweaked to give a little more garlic flavor. I posted it to allrecipes and it has many reviews. Most people say it's too sweet, but we like it that way. :o) Enjoy!
      https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/199983/arkansas-green-beans/

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you so much!
      You and your sweet family are a blessing to so many
      we enjoy watching your post....(you know what I mean)
      blessings, we pray for you all as you serve!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful feast which is even better when enjoyed with loved ones. I think your turkey looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete