Sunday, May 30, 2021

New Skills

Summer is just about here.  For the Gimenez Family that means several things. ~School is almost over!  We are trying our best to get done by mid June.  We have summer fever and are ready to play!  My kiddos are working hard.  ~Things are heating up in NCFL.  We've had record highs this week with many days in the high 90s.  ~Summer lists and goals are being made.  At least for me. :o)  I have a list going of all the things I want us to do, accomplish and learn.  It's going to be a great summer! ~With the heat, the grass grows.  and grows. and grows.  ~It's time to learn some new skills.  And with that, Patrick is teaching my Silas how to mow.  So far we haven't turned on the blades, we want to make sure he is completely ready and safe.  I've heard of too many accidents lately involving lawn mowers.  But, I've also heard of too many kids and young adults lately that don't have life skills.  And this is a skill my kiddos need!  




 He's enjoying learning how to drive our mower and excited about the responsibility to come.  So proud of my boy!

1 comment:

  1. The scenery looks wonderful and I can see the warmer weather has definitely arrived. I think it's a great idea to teach life skills to the younger ones. This summer I have my nephew and his girlfriend taking over my small garden plot at the park so they can learn about gardening. They have a steep learning curve but they are enjoying it. I hope you get most if not all the things on your summer list done. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete