Saturday, April 13, 2024

A trip down south... part one

 I miss my parents. Bunches and bunches. Even though they only live about four and a half hours south of me, it's easy to get so busy and time passes too quickly. And like I said, I'm missing my parents! I was so thankful that I could take a quick trip down south to spend a couple days with them. It made it even more fun that Beth and Brenna wanted to come along. And it made it even more and more fun that Brenna brought Asa and Josh and Tabitha let me bring Freedom! The five of us had such a great time together!!!
We decided to stop at Sam's along the way for lunch. Do you know how cheap you can eat there?

And did you know how amazing their frozen yogurt is??


After a great lunch I let one of the girls drive so I could sit in the back with my grandbabies. Of course they quickly fell asleep.
After a while it was my turn to drive again. The kids traveled so good together! 

Then it was time to get off on the exit to my parent's house!! There was quite a backup for the light to get off and we waited for a very long time in slow traffic to get off the ramp. When it was our turn to go I noticed the car started running really, really hot and Brenna noticed a stream of fluid flowing out of Beth's car. I quickly got over and we sat on the side of the road waiting for the car to cool off.

When I felt it was cool enough for us to try again, we pulled onto the road and it started getting hot all over again. So we scooted right into the gas station and pulled over. I'm so thankful we were only 10 minutes from my parents house! Isn't that just like the Lord?? My dad came to our rescue with jugs of water. But he quickly realized that there was a crack in the radiator.
He called the tow truck for Beth's car and we all piled into his truck. Honestly, the piling into his truck part was quite fun! We were just so excited to be together!

 It's amazing to see how the Lord protected us all along the way! He's so good. And we had a wonderful time with my parents , but that was just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment