Saturday, January 9, 2010

Having the Bible More Visible




One of my goals for 2010 is to have the Bible more visible in our home. We picked a verse to be our theme verse for this year, Deuteronomy 6:5. I decided that was a good place to start. I've been saving this scrap of toile for about two years now for something "special". I love red and white toile! I decided to use it for this project. I covered a canvas from the dollar store with it, then printed out in a pretty font our verse in English and French. Then, I used Carbon paper to copy it onto the material. After that I just went over the letters to make them darker.
I would love to hear your ideas of making the Bible more visible! I'd like to have a couple more verses up...somewhere....somehow.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Kami. I remember when we were kids that mom had several wall hangings that had verses on them. I know that is how I knew some verses so well; you read them many times a day. Sorry, no ideas, but if I have one... I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I only have a few but need plenty more. I want to do the same....print one out on pretty paper and frame and hang. Not sure which one I want to do first....I have lots of favorites. But not in French. :-)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours isn't nearly as pretty, but..

    when the girls are memorizing chapters for the King's Kids Jamboree we would put them on sentence strips and hang them on our walls.

    We would then line up and take turns saying each verse in the chapter.
    So Mark would read verse 1 and then go to the end of the line, I would read verse 1 and then go to the end of the line, Emily would do the same and then Sarah. Next we would do verse 2.
    By the end we have heard each verse 4 times and studied the whole chapter.
    It really helped them and it was an active way to memorize.

    Love your idea too.

    Tab

    ReplyDelete