Friday, January 8, 2010

My 2 boys

My Joshua is a terrific big brother to my Silas. One thing he has a hard time with is hearing Silas cry. Silas likes to be an early bird. He usually starts showing signs that he's tired at 6:30 or 7. I try to keep him up until at least 7:30, but by then you can tell he wants to go "Night Night" Joshua, Elisabeth, and Brenna's bedtime is at 9. (It actually works out well this way because we have about an hour with our 3 older ones where we can play games together, study, watch a movie or something like that. Then, Patrick and I have an hour or so to just be us two. I like it like that!) Sometimes when JEB goes to bed, Silas wakes up. He will usually watch me tuck in JEB and then cry for about 5 minutes. They have a super hard time watching him cry. They say that Silas stands in his crib and reaches for them. It is pretty heart wrenching! Usually when this happens (this is a habit I am trying to break!) we let him get up with me and Patrick, or he'll lay down with Josh. After he falls asleep we'll put him back in his crib. When I tiptoed in a couple of nights ago to put Silas back in his crib, Josh and Silas were cuddling so cute, that I had to snap their picture. My 2 boys...I just love them so much!

4 comments: