Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Trip to Michigan

I was so excited to be able to fly to Michigan with Callie for a few days to see some of my family before it's time to head to the Mission Field. We left on Friday, then returned on Monday. I had one ticket, but when I arrived at the spirit counter, they let me have the seat next to me for the carseat. Little Callie slept through most of the flight. She did so good!
All ready to meet her Aunt Robin for the first time.

As we started to get closer to the ground, we noticed it looked a little different. There was LOTS of snow on the ground!
We were so excited to finally arrive! Mam-maw and Robin (my aunt) picked us up from the airport. Then, we went to Mam-maws. It was so nice throughout my visit to have family stop by to say hello. This is Callie with her Mam-maw (on the left) and great-great Aunt Georganna


Callie with her great-great Uncle Joe.

That night for dinner Mam-maw made a wonderful feast.


Callie and her Great Uncle Gary.


Poor Callie was pretty pooped at the end of the day, and Robin was happy to rock her to sleep.


Callie loved playing with her Aunt Robin! And getting spoiled by her, too.


It was absolutely freezing there! Most of the time the wind chill was below zero!


We went to the Ice Festival in Plymouth. I love seeing Ice sculptures, they are so amazing. We were pretty cold, though. We probably stayed 10 minutes!


Warming up at Aunt Robin's house.

Playing lots of games. My Mam-maw and Robin loves to play games. We played Muggins and Phase 10, and I won....some of the time.


Callie with her 3rd cousins, Ethan and Sadie.

It was a great day at church with many family surprising Mam-maw for her birthday. This is the same church that my Mom grew up in.
Callie with her 3rd cousin on my Pap-paw's side, Elaine, better know as Lanie.


After church at Culver's with lots of family.

Callie with her Great-Great Aunt Dixie.

After lunch we went to the graveyard where my Pap-paw is buried.


Callie with her 3rd cousin Terry.


Our Cousin Rodney Coffey.


Lots and Lots of more cousins! I was so glad when Rod, and Terry came bringing Hannah, Leah and Chloe. We just had a little bit of time between Sunday morning and Sunday night church, but I'm glad we could squeeze in some more time with our family!

Me and Callie with my Great Uncle Linc and Great Aunt Natalie. They fed us some excellent pork sandwhiches. Then, I enjoyed hearing about Natalie's Portuguese heritage and when her family came to Ellis Island. So interesting!


Callie playing at Mam-maws. She can really get around and into everything in no time!


I'm so glad I was able to come. Mam-maw and Robin are wonderful hostesses. I miss you both already!





As we were leaving I noticed this man sweeping off the runaway before our plane came in. Then, they de-iced the plane. Fun, fun! It sure was freezing while we were there and I loved being able to see the beautiful snow. I love it when it falls gracefully down in huge clumps! But, I really loved being able to see so much of my Michigan family. Love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment