Friday, January 7, 2011

Silas's 2nd Birthday Party

We had a great time at Silas's 2nd Birthday party. About a week before his birthday we were trying to decide if we should have a party, or what we should do. Then, we decided that it's not very often we're with our families for the children's birthdays, so, Let's have a party!!
Elisabeth made her homemade buttercream to frost the cupcakes.I made a few homemade decos. I bought some burlap and bandannas and created this table runner with Silas's name.

We went to Lowe's and begged, I mean asked, them for all the appliance boxes we could get. Then, we began creating The Wild West! We had many building all ready for the kids to play in. It was great! I made this fun pendant using leftover fabric from my stash. It was so easy!
Then, I painted this welcome sign onto some more of my leftover fabric. Don't ya just love leftovers? :o)




We tried to use what we had to make it a great Cowboy theme.

Giving some lovin' to my boy before the party begins!

Callie is patiently waiting for the guests to arrive. She has a variety of cutesy smiles, now.


Welcome to the Party! We were so glad our families could come and the Driskell family, too. The Wild West Party was a hit! I even found my sister, Taylin, playing in one of the boxes!





We had lots of Cowboy grub! Josh's chili was a hit. I won't mention any names, but my oldest brother in law had 7 bowls of chili! A little excessive, don't you think? :o) We also had corn on the cob, mini hot dogs, cornbread, grapes, cupcakes and homemade ice cream.


I think adults like kids birthday parties just as much as the kiddos do. We love to talk!



When we lived in Carthage, Grandma and Aunt Florence came to visit and Patrick made homemade ice cream. Grandma has talked about how much she enjoyed the ice cream, so Patrick decided to surprise her with some at the party. It was delicious!

Lots of sweet cousins and friends. We are so blessed!


Silas was so cute when we sang "Happy Birthday". For some reason he smiled, but covered his smile with his hands.


We should have worked on the blowing out the candles part, but with help, he finally got them out!


Lots and lots of goodies. Thank you all so much!


Marc was a sweetie and helped pass out cupcakes. He and Josh were little pranksters and made up "parking tickets" and put them on everybodys car, payable to Marc and Josh, of course!






Denise was so sweet to let us use her home for the party. It was the perfect set-up! And a great party!







Me and my sissies. I sure do love em'! We have so much fun when we're together. Thank you, Lord, for my sisters!


Josh had fun getting better acquainted with Brynn Driskell. Now, I need to somehow teach my boy, NO KISSING ALOUD!





I'm so thankful we were able to have such a great party and make such a wonderful memory while at home! God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Great party!! You did a wonderful job on the decor. Josh, that was some of the yummiest chilli ever!!

    ReplyDelete