Monday, February 27, 2012

"Romance in Marriage" Book Review

One of the books on my list for this month was "Romance in Marriage" by Bob and JoBeth Hooker. This is one book that I can honestly, completely recommend. It was excellent! This is a book for married eyes only, as it gives some specifics for spicing things up! :o) But, it also has some very practical, Biblical advice. There's a section for Women, Men, and then one for both. I didn't read the men section, but I love the way Mrs. JoBeth Hooker writes. She says if your marriage is boring, then it's your fault. She's very honest and upfront. I love the chapter where she talks about our thought process. "We're not always going to have the candlight, music, flowers, or any of those things we love so much. At least, not on a daily basis. The purpose for those wonderful romantic things that create atmosphere is to trigger your thought processes and stimulate you to think about your man. You don't have to have those things to think. The key to romance for a woman is in what she chooses to think about." What an excellent point!

This book is perfect for the hurting marriage, as well as the successful one. Read it! I know you'll love it, too!
This book is available for purchase on their website, Hook Publications.
While you're at their site, I highly recommend for you to check out their patterns for Culottes. This is the pattern that my girls and I use, and we love it!
We also love their daughters Music CD's. They are one of our favorites!

1 comment:

  1. I have this book, have read it, and love it! I even was able to hear Mrs. Hooker speak 1 1/2 years ago at the Christian Womanhood Spectacular and it was EXCELLENT! This was my first time to a Spectacular and my first time to hear her speak or see her daughters sing (and act in skits!). What fun it was!

    ReplyDelete