Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinwheels and Petals

Baby #6 is due in about 9 weeks! yay! I love to make my quilts for my babies! But, since we love the surprise of finding out if we're having a boy or girl, I love making a girl quilt and a boy quilt to have ready. If you remember before Miss Callie Grace was born, I made this quilt entitled Sweet Dreams. So, I have the baby boy quilt ready, but I needed another girl quilt! So, introducing, Pinwheels and Petals! While in Florida a friend of mine gave me a huge amount of yellow buttery/bright gingham. (Thanks, Mrs. Paulene!) I loved the yellowy color and to me it screamed, BABY GIRL! So, my sweet Mom let me raid her stash to find the perfect fabric to go with my gingham. She even had the perfect soft-flannel for the backing! Thanks, Mom/Grandma! When I got back to Saint Barths I rounded out the fabric with a few more pinks and yellow I had here.





I knew I wanted to have a nice big appliqued flower somewhere on it. Tay, do you recognize the fabric? I think it's leftover from Chloe's baby quilt!










Here's the back. It's sooooo soft!




I knew I wanted to do a pinwheel quilt this year. I love em'! Then, I thought about combining my two goals of ~baby girl quilt and pinwheel quilt. I love the combo!




I love how this quilt turned out! Definitely homemade, though. I want to work on my binding (it's getting better, but Mom is going to give me a "live" tutorial when we get to Florida!) and I want to work on lining up my corners and points better. I'm definitely not a perfectionist, so this isn't driving me crazy like it would some people, but I do want to get better! Well, gotta run and work on my next project! Happy Quilting!


12 comments:

  1. Sweet quilt! Now all you have to do is wait and se...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I especially love the pattern on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6? Congratulations! And I might be just a tad bit jealous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I did the same thing (expecting #4 and we didn't find out the sex!). I used similar material that you have in your flower (minky material) to make a turquoise and chocolate and then a pink super-soft material with chocolate. Yours is much more detailed and probably better constructed as well!! I tend to "fly by the seat of my pants" and desperately hate measuring anything!! Congratulations on #6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It is so pretty. Can't wait to find out if it will be a boy or a girl. You probably need a boy though to make things even!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Just right for a precious baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's so sweet, Kami! Just perfect for a baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo darling! Great job, Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Praying for you and baby 6 :) ... will little one be an even upper or a will the girls pull ahead? Can't wait to find out. Babies are always so exciting :).

    ReplyDelete