Saturday, May 19, 2012

25 Years? Really?

 I received a message not too long ago that my elementary school was going to celebrate It's 50th anniversary.  In honor of that they were going to open the time capsule from 25 years ago.  That's when I was in 5th grade and our class contributed to it.  My other 3 sisters also went to Villas elementary school, too.  So, my sister, Keela, and I went to the celebration together.  It was so fun!  I found an album with a picture of my kindergarten class.  Can you tell which one I am?  Of course the cute one! :o)  I'm the little sandy blonde girl.  The 7th from the left on the front row.  Then, as we were walking we spotted coach Pittman.  He was our PE teacher and we loved him! The really cool thing is that he spotted us, too and said, "The Willoughby Girls!"  Wow!  He remembered us!  Then, we saw Mr. Barnett.  He was our principal and we loved him, too.  It was so fun to have this day with my sis and reminisce.  Was it really 25 years ago?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! I love to do things like that. Now, were you really only in Kindergarten in 1981-82??? I was a junior in high school that year! Now I feel really old! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coach looks the same!!! I remember the day he figured out that I was one of the "Willoughby Girls." I don't think I had to run as many laps as the other kids from that point on! :)

    ReplyDelete