Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Heart of the Matter April and May


As you might have noticed, I did not do a “Heart of the Matter” word for April or May.  Knowing our baby would be born during this time, I had intentions to write out my posts ahead of time.  But, this never happened.  I guess you could say that my heart’s focus for these two months was to “Stand in Awe” like in Psalm 119.  I’ve stood in awe many, many times these past two months.

~ I’ve stood in awe at God’s faithfulness to provide our material possessions as well as our heart’s desire.  It was so good to be here with family while we had our baby and the Lord provided for everything!

~I’ve stood in awe at how wonderful my family and church family are.  They are so thoughtful and encouraging to us.  We know that whatever prayer request we have, they are so faithful to pray for.

~I’ve stood in awe at the amazingness of our Great Physician.  Having a successful homebirth is a blessing beyond measure!  We knew God was with us guiding everything that happened.

~I’ve stood in awe at how precious life is.  Micah has stolen my heart along with the rest of my children.  My heart overflows with how much love I have for our new baby.

Let me encourage you to stop and stand in awe at all the blessings God has bestowed upon you and your family.  I heard a preacher say a few months ago that “Gratitude produces Contentment.” I wrote it in my prayer journal as a reminder to stay thankful.  I like having a contented heart!  God truly loads us daily with benefits, don’t forget to “stand in awe” of them!

3 comments:

  1. The thought "Gratitude produces contentment" is one that I just recently realized was true. I was reminded of the great importance of gratitude. It isn't just the nice thing to do, but it really has great spiritual benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this today. And it fit right in with what God showed me in his Word today! Psalm 40:3, 16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This is something the Lord has been working on me for the last year or and the more I see His hand in our lives the more I just stand amazed.

    ReplyDelete