Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Today I made mom some of my Black Bean and Corn Salsa.  It's perfect for a warm day like today when turning on the oven seems out of the question.  She loved it!  And even asked for the recipe!  (thanks, Mom)  So, I thought I'd post it here.  First, I sent Mom out to our lime tree to pick two limes.  I LOVE having fresh limes and use them over lemons any day!


Black Bean and Corn Salsa:
~Dump 1 can of Black Beans and 1 can of Red Beans in a colander.  Rinse and Drain then put in a large bowl.
~Add two cans of corn (drained)
~Add 1 small diced onion, 1 diced green pepper, 1 diced tomato, 2 diced cloves of garlic and the juice of two limes.
~Then, sprinkle on about 1 tsp. of salt, 1 Tablespoon of fresh Cilantro, 1 Tbsp of fresh Parsley, 1 tsp. cumin, and about 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar. (sometimes I add some cayenne)
Mix well and refridgerate until ready!  We eat ours with Scoops tortilla chips.  We love em!

Hope you enjoy!  We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment