Monday, April 22, 2013

Sort of an Update

12 days ago I left St. Barths to start my journey back to Florida to seek some medical care.  12 days later and we are still no closer to finding the reason for my pain.

 I praise the Lord that I have had some of my energy return.  Saturday I was able to go out to eat with my parents. I love Sonny's BBQ!  I even ventured into JCPenney's for the $1 Flip Flop sale.  I only had to find a resting chair once.  (or maybe twice)  I tagged along with Micah and my Dad for a ride around the block in his Model A truck.  I beat my Mom and Sister at Ticket to Ride.  I even went to church yesterday.  So many of my church family are praying for us and  the hugs and handshakes were such a blessing to my heart.  I'm so blessed indeed!  So many faces yet to see, and so many people I still want to hug, but maybe that will happen Wednesday night, we will see.  Patrick keeps telling me not to overdo it.

This morning I had another CT scan and this afternoon I will have an ultrasound done of my legs and heart.

I'm really begging for your prayers that an answer will be found soon.  I love being with my Mom and Dad.  I'm their little girl again and they are spoiling me.  Mom tucks me in and Dad tells me I'm his favorite (he tells whatever daughter is present that, it's sort of our joke)  But, they have trained me and taught me by example that my family is my priority.  I need to return home.  My family needs me, and I need them even more.  I want to go back well, but if an answer is not found soon, I must learn to deal with this discomfort.  I'm praying for wisdom and grace.  God is in control and so good to me.  I'm so undeserving of His love, but I feel it poured on me everyday.

4 comments:

  1. Just prayed for you, Kami, and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you dear heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for you, sweet lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you. Brighter days ahead! :-)

    ReplyDelete