Saturday, January 20, 2018

A New Pantry for Me!

  My sweet husband....all I have to do is mention (maybe a couple of times :o) ) an idea of something to improve in our home.  And voila!  It happens!

I had been wanting to put more shelves, or do something different with our pantry.  When we moved in the doors were metal and rusty and ugly!! So, we took them down and we've had an open pantry.  The walls were nasty yellow and we hadn't painted them.  The shelves were sagging. The pantry definitely needed to be redone!


 I told Patrick that I really do like having the pantry open.  I like being able to easily look in and see what we have.  So, I wanted to keep that idea.  I just needed more shelves.


The first job was to take everything out.  I'm glad my husband likes to get projects done once started.  I don't know how long I could handle all the food in the piano room!


Everything out.  Ewww.


Building new sturdy shelves.



Patrick made the shelves into an "L" shape.  I now have double the room!  I also like that I have a little shelf on top to decorate!



Beth was in charge of painting the walls gray.



Brenna and Tricia did the white.  You know you have awesome friends when they help you paint!!


So clean looking!


And here it is all done.  I love all the dollar tree bins.  I had to go to 4 stores to find all the white bins I needed!  They sell out fast!  So thankful for my new pantry!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great!! Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have such great storage. How nice you have a handy husband but also one that gets the job done. It really gets on my nerves to have things out of place for long time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the invite 😀. I love seeing your family.

    ReplyDelete