Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gorgeous SW Florida

Silas and I returned from our wonderful trip to Florida on Tuesday. I feel like I need to give a huge warning...LOTS of pictures are to follow!

On Friday, January 29th, we went from this...



.... to this! When we left Quebec the wind chill was 28 below zero. (Can you see the snow on the plane? We had blowing snow warnings and they had to de-ice the plane before takeoff!) When we arrived in Fort Myers it was absolutely gorgeous and in the 70s. That's about a 100 degree difference! Wow! Our main purpose for our trip to Florida was for Silas to have surgery to have his clogged tear duct unclogged. We praise the Lord that his eye cleared up about a week before we left Quebec! We kept our appointments with the Pediatrician and the Pediatric Opthamologist and they said his eye looks wonderful and it looks like it cleared up its own! God is so good! I think He knew we needed a little Sun from Florida...or that some grandparents really needed to see their new grandson (It's been 9 months since we've seen them last)





On our first evening there my family all had dinner together at Mom and Dad's house. I have such a great family and we love to be together. My sister Taylin planned a surprise party for Silas's first birthday. How sweet! She even bought him a "smash cake" for him to eat all by himself. Wow! He was a mess!


Of course while in Florida you have to go to the beach! I love to go in the evenings and watch the sunset.
Silas has only been to the beach once and that was for a quick picture when he was 2 months old on Biloxi Beach.

Silas absolutely loved the beach. At first he didn't want to move, then he wanted to eat the sand. He loved the water and was very brave running in and out of the waves.





Believe it or not, I actually did some studying of French while in Florida. I'm trying my hardest to not get behind!





This is me with my Dad, Mom, and 3 sisters. I have a great family and we are all very close. I'm so thankful for all of them!




Silas loved playing with my Dad. My Dad is a wonderful Grandfather and truly loves all of his grandchildren. I love it when he gets down on the floor and plays with them. He usually gets stepped on, glasses smudged and rolled on, but he loves it.




Silas also loved seeing his Grammy (Patrick's Mom) and his Uncle Marc. Silas wasn't so thrilled about meeting their chihuahua Chico!



My nieces Kaylie and Kiara were excited to hear some french words. They would laugh at the words that I translated for them.





We went to my Grandma June's one night for dinner. Silas loved running with Chloe and Logan. I love the smiles on their faces!









Silas with his Grandma June.











Going to Grandpa's carlot. My Dad taught Silas how to check the pressure in tires. Now, everytime Silas sees a car, he checks its tires. His hands get so dirty, thanks, Dad!








We went to the Farmers Market one day with Mam-maw. I love the smell of fresh vegetables!

In the car with cousin's Logan and Chloe.

We ate out at a lot of different restaurants, but this is one of my favorites...Salsa!!



I think Silas started missing Patrick, Josh, Beth, and Brenna. I played the video for Denise of Patrick preaching and Silas stood by the screen watching his Daddy the whole time.


Silas with Mom in her Sunday School classroom.



Playing in Grammy's van while waiting for Marc at the busstop.



On Sunday before church I asked Mom if she could take some pictures of Silas. Mom prepared a backdrop, checked the lighting and had everything ready to go. The minute she sat Silas down he pulled down the backdrop and rolled around in it. I don't think he quite understands picture time!






















Some of the cousins






4 generations








Silas is blessed to have 5 grandmothers. 4 of them are in this picture.

Even though wherever Patrick and the children are will always be my home, there's just something about being back at home with my Mom and Dad. I feel like a little girl again. I still believe everything Dad says, even if he is just joking, Mom still tucks me in (just like she did the night before I was married), and I still giggle with my sisters and act so crazy.
Thanks, Mom and Dad for everything. I'm so glad I was able to come home. I'm so glad you were able to see Silas and how he is as a one year old. We love you all so much and wish we could see you way more often than we do. But, I'm content being in God's will. I love you both so much and I'm so blessed to have you as my parents, just as my children are blessed to have you as their grandparents. I miss you already!

2 comments:

  1. Kami, that was so sweet. You sure can make us look good. We love all of you and miss you so much. I'm so glad you got to come visit and Praise the Lord that Silas didn't need eye surgery. We had so much fun didn't we? Can't wait till you all come down again. And I can't wait till I come up there for the new baby. #18....WOW!! Looking forward to see all the sites too.
    Love and miss you,
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so sweet. The picture your mom got of Silas is so cute. Marc has gotten to be quite handsome. So glad y'all had this time together

    ReplyDelete