Saturday, June 9, 2012

The color of my thumb

For those of you that really know me, you know that I do not have a green thumb....no where near the color green! It's not that I don't like plants.  I love flowers, houseplants, and especially plants that bring food!!  But, I've never been very good with them. 

  It never fails, every spring Patrick gets bitten by the "We really need to plant a garden" bug.  He had a great garden when we lived in Canada.  Last years garden here in St. Barths did not turn out well.  They say the soil here just isn't good enough.

 This year the bug bit me.  Oh dear.
I have big plans for a gorgeous container garden on my porch.
So, last Monday I planted my seeds in cute little biodegradeable pots and labeled them.  I planted Tomatoes, Cherry Tomotoes, Beans, Cucumbers, Parsley, Eggplant, Basil, Thyme, Cilantro, Green Peppers and Keela Peppers.  You've never heard of Keela Peppers?  While I was in Florida my sister, Keela, was eating a pepper that looked like a hot one.  She said they are actually very sweet and she loves them!  I knew of my garden plans, so I asked her for the seeds.  So, they've travelled in my suitcase from Florida, and they better grow! (They've even made it after being accidently thrown away in trash...and then found again by me...not a very pretty thing to do!)
So, I've been watering and praying my little garden will do well.  I'm already seeing cute little sprouts poking their head through the soil.  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I have a thumb like you do, Kami. lol My husband has been blessed with a green thumb, so we have vegetables to eat and beautiful flowers. If it were up to my thumb we'd do well to have weeds. :)

    ReplyDelete