Friday, June 29, 2012

Fair Time Food for Family Fun Night

One of the things we miss from the states is good ole greasy food from a Fair. You can just smell the fried food in the air and I love it!  When I found this recipe on pinterest I knew we had to try it.  We LOVE Funnel Cakes!
 These turned out fabulous!  We served them with powdered sugar and with raspberry sauce.  We put the batter in a leftover pancake syrup bottle.  Perfect!  It was great and we were so excited about it!

The picture above makes me laugh. I love the container the powdered sugar comes in...and do you notice the apple?  I wonder who took a bite out of it and put it back? :o)

7 comments:

  1. Funnel cakes are delicious and you've done a wonderful job of making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I haven't had funnel cake in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I've never had a funnel cake. Might have to try making them soon. Are they like a breakfast food like pancakes?

    Love the picture of the apple! Normal sight with kids around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessi,
      They are definitely not a breakfast food, my family doesn't believe me though! :o)

      Delete
  4. I love making funnel cakes. That makes me think that I may need to do this again soon:) Also did you make your own header for your blog. If you did, what program did you use? I've been trying to get mine right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These funnel cakes were great, you really should try it! My son helped me make the header. We used Microsoft Word. After he showed me a few things it was pretty easy!

      Delete