Monday, July 23, 2012

~Coconut Chicken~

Last night, as I was preparing my weekly menu and grocery list, I started dreaming about Red Lobster Coconut Shrimp.  I love that stuff!  And the sauce....mmmmm I could drink it!  Since shrimp is a little on the expensive side here, I started wondering if it would work with chicken.  Hhhhm?

I found this recipe on line and decided to tweek it a bit.  We had it for dinner tonight and it was MARVELOUS!!  I mean absolutely, satisfy my craving for Red Lobster MARVELOUS!

So being the sweety that I am (even more so after gulping the sweet Pina Colada Sauce!) I decided to share it with you!

Just Like Red Lobster Coconut Shrimp....I mean chicken!
4large chicken breasts, sliced into 12 thin chicken breasts
1 cup finely grated coconut (shredded would be fine too)
 2 cups all-purpose flour
 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
 1 1/2  teaspoon salt
  2 cups milk
 
  You will need 3 medium bowls for battering your chicken
   ~In the first bowl add 1/2 cup of flour.
   ~In the second bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and sugar and milk.
   ~In the third bowl put the coconut.
   Batter the chicken, dipping each one in flour, wet batter and then coat with coconut.
 Lightly fry the chicken in about an inch of oil, until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
   Serve chicken with pina colada dipping sauce.
 
Pina Colada Sauce
 1 1/2 cups sour cream (I used low-fat and it worked well)
 3/4 cup Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
  3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
 Combine well.

Enjoy!  We sure did!

3 comments:

  1. Which one would be wet? What do you do with the milk?
    Sounds great and can't wait to try it. It's always good to have new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you showed me I forgot to tell where to add the milk! I fixed it now. You put it in the 2nd bowl. That makes the "wet" mixture.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that's the place for it but I wasn't sure. Thank you so much! And thank you for your devotion. God has sure used Bro. John to help a lot of people, and just bring a lot of hope to many hurting people.
    God Bless you all! Praying for you all too! :o)

    ReplyDelete