Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Let's Stay Cool" Family Fun Night

It has been hot here.  Very hot! So, for this week's Family Fun Night we decided to do a water night.  Oh how nice it is to cool off!


 We started with Water Balloon Pinata.  Everyone got a good whack at the water balloon hanging from a string.


 Then, we played water jump rope.  You had to complete three jumps with a cup of water in your hand.  Whoever had the most water after jumping was the winner. 


The game they enjoyed the most was the water relay.  We started at one end of our driveway with a bucket of water and a cup. They had to fill the cup with water and take it down to the other end of the driveway and dump it in the pitcher.  They had to keep the cup on their head the entire time.  The team that filled the pitcher up to the 1 liter line first, won!  I put some holes in the cup for some extra wetness!

We had a great time cooling off and finished our night with homemade Corndogs, OK Colas, and a Cherry Layer Cake.  Love my family!

3 comments:

  1. You just gave me our activity for this evening!!! Daniel's been gone for several days and we still have a few more days to go till he gets home, so I've been asking the Lord to give me fun, cheap, ideas that I can do with the children to make these days without Daddy special for them so they don't miss him too much. These games are perfect and it's been soooo hot here!! Great ideas!!!
    Oh, and I have to mention, the other day I was going through my small English Bible. I hadn't really used it too much since furlough as I use either my Spanish Bible or the larger English Bible that I read for my time with the Lord. Anyways, I found inside it the note that Elisabeth wrote to Rebekah. We have no idea how it got in there (of course, I'm sure I must have tucked it inside, but I have no idea why). I'm not even sure if Rebekah ever saw it. I'm so sorry! Anyways, Beka was super excited to get some mail :), and wrote Elisabeth back right away. I took it down to our post office here in town, but the post man wasn't sure what basket of mail to put it inside. He asked me what country your island is a part of and I told him France. I think he decided the letter needed to go into the Europe basket. But I know you are nowhere close to Europe geographically speaking. So I'm just not sure if the letter will get to you or not. Anyways, please tell Elisabeth I 'm so very sorry and let her now how much Beka loved her card...mail is rare here, so even though it was so late, it was a super, special treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I love the idea of family fun night. We have had movie night and pizza night and even made up holiday day. So this sounds like it would be great for us. It would help bring more good times together to our family. I'm already trying to think up things we could do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading here :). What fun ideas!
    The tree(?) in your pictures is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete