Monday, July 16, 2012

"In This Place" Book Review

I love to read about missionaries!  The ones I especially like are written by the missionaries themselves where they share their experiences, good and bad.  I like it when they are "real", I learn so much more that way!  Mrs. Fenley (the wife of the director of the caribbean for our mission board, Macedonia World Baptist Missions) gave me the book "In This Place".  The writer, Kim Abernathy  gives her experience of life on the mission field of Liberia, West Africa.  She gives exerpts from her journal.  I truly laughed and cried as I read this.  It was such a blessing!  Mrs. Kim tells of her struggle to surrender to God's Will, how she met her husband, arriving on the mission field, giving birth at her home on the mission field, lessons from the culture shock she experienced,and much more.  She gives account of the scary time her family faced as they were forced to leave their home in Africa within a moments notice because of  the rebel uprising.  She left everything behind. The Lord really worked on my heart from the lessons in the life of Kim Abernathy.  I enjoyed the book so much and want to recommend it to you!


You can order the ebook here for only $2.99! Or you can order the paperback from here.  Her next book, "In Every Place" continues her adventure from 1990-2002.  I can't wait to order this one!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love these kinds of stories. I may have to see if I can find a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I shall how to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just added it to my Amazon wish list! Thanks for the suggestion, Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sending me the email, Kami! I enjoy hearing how God has used the books in the lives of others, particularly fellow missionary ladies!! :) Look forward to getting to know you through your blog. Keep it up! You just might have a book in you one day! :)

    ReplyDelete