Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving!  We had 4 extras that were able to join us for this day.  
 Joshua, Elisabeth, Brenna and Silas usually sit in the Living Room for our Sunday Meal because we don't have room at the table.  They don't mind at all!  But, they did want to know if we could somehow all sit around one table for Thanksgiving Dinner.  After some brainstorming (and plywood) we came up with an idea to have one long table set up in our Living Room.  It worked perfect!
 For the past few holidays Beth and Brenna have helped me in the kitchen. But, as Brenna pointed out, this was the first year I could just say, "Okay, you're in charge of making this dish."  It was such a blessing to work in the kitchen with my girls!  I love it!

 I wasn't able to find cranberry sauce.  (our favorite is the jellied kind in a can)  But, the night before Thanksgiving I found some fresh at the store!  Yay!  So, I followed the instructions and made homemade cranberry jelly.  It was fabulous!
 For our Sunday meals we do like they do here in St. Barths, we serve everyone their meal.  That means I make their plates and bring it to them.  That's pretty different than how we do things in the states.  I talked to Patrick about it and we decided since this is an American holiday, we would set up our feast buffet style like we do back in the US.  It was definitely a little different for our company and it did take a little urging for them to go up and fill their plates.  But, it worked pretty well.
 My sweet Micah's first Thanksgiving!  (thank you for the bib Aunt Tay!)  He ate sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie!  And loved it!
 Callie was so excited to have some Turkey.
I have so much to be thankful for!  God has been so good to me!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great you were all able to sit around the table and give thanks with guests present. Isn't it great to have cranberries at Thanksgiving?! Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are incomplete without turkey and cranberry sauce :-) I'm glad your guests caught onto buffet style dinner too. It will be something memorable for them.

    ReplyDelete