Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Laying Up" God's Word in your HEART #3


I think that every Mother’s goal for her children is for them to be successful.  We want them to turn out right! I’m so thankful that our Heavenly Father didn’t leave us clueless on how to meet this goal.  The truth is, He wants them to be successful even more than we do!

I’ve added some more verses to my “List for Success” as I am laying up God’s Word in my heart.  This time, I’ve added verses to the list that will help me as a Momma. (Last week’s was about me as a wife) 

Verses I need to help ME:

~My theme passage as a Momma is Deuteronomy 11:18-21.  "Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hands, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.  And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest-up.  And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:  That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth."  I need that reminder of keeping God’s Word at the forefront of my life and at the forefront of our home.  I need to be living out God’s Word daily!  I love this passage because it shows me how it is possible to put God’s Word into action in my home.  The biggest mistake we can make with our children is hypocrisy and inconsistency.  This verse teaches me to incorporate God’s Word into every area of my life…a consistent Momma!

~2 Timothy 3:15 will help me to remember the importance of teaching my children the Bible.  The word of God will “make them wise unto salvation”!

~Proverbs 29:17 teaches me that God has given me the responsibility to correct the behavior of my children.   It is sometimes so easy to just “brush” aside a wrong response or wrong behavior when we are tired or overwhelmed, but this verse reminds me of the blessing if done correctly!
  
So, that adds three more to my list!  My next post will be verses that will help me to be the Christian that God wants me to be.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks to your series and some other encouragement, I've started working more earnestly on memorizing Scripture. I know the ones I have memorized often pop up at a time when I need to remember what that verse said! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my main theme as a mom too...but I fail so often! Thanks for the encouragement and reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love this passage. My printer is back on track now so I can put more scripture around the house. It really helps. I needed this reminder. Thanks Kami.

    ReplyDelete