Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Family Fun Night

We had such a good family fun night tonight! When Patrick and I had our anniversary, my kiddos were so sweet to help him recreate the restaraunt we ate at during our honeymoon. They were the perfect waiters! We decided then that we wanted to do the same thing for them. So, we told them for this week's family fun night, it would be a surprise. They've been trying to guess all week what we were going to do. We set up the living room like a restaraunt. (With an added bonus of living room fixings!) I made namecards for their seating and lit candles. Then, we told them to wait at Josh's bedroom door. "Pierre" the head waiter greeted them and took them to their seats. They were so surprised and excited!
'Pierre' helped the girs with their seats and took their drink orders. We had music playing in the background (Celtic hymns...one of their favorites) and topic conversation cards on the table. There were all kinds of neat questions Patrick came up with for them to talk about.






For an appetizer, they had fresh bread and butter. Then, we served them shrimp and mozzarella sticks with a nice sauce.










Then, we served the main course. Brenna said she was already getting so full! For the main course we had steak, baked potatoes and Arkansas Green Beans.














For dessert, I made a Chocolate Silk Pie.


JEB had a great time and enjoyed all of the attention and silliness from their parents. They were very appreciative! Then, we played a game of Family Feud that Josh made for us. Then, we finished off the night watching Anne of Green Gables (It's one of my favorite movies....I could watch it a hundred times!) I love you JEB you are so special to me! I wonder what we will do next week?







2 comments:

  1. Hey JEB, looks like you all had a great time at Family Fun Nite. I love FFN. I think your parents spoil you. :-)
    Love and miss you,
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! I love the expressions on their faces, too cute! The food looked yummy! I agree with Mom, they are a little spoiled! (in a good way!)
    Tay

    ReplyDelete