Monday, August 31, 2009

Pain au Chocolat

So, you know I've been trying to bake my way through my Wooden Spoon Cookbook? Patrick doggy-eared this recipe a couple of weeks ago. You use Brioche dough to make Pain au Chocolat...which is basically chocolate bread. It was a little different of a technique. You have to let it rise in the fridge for 6-8 hours, or overnight. When I took it out of the fridge, it hadn't risen at all....oh dear. I decided to go with it anyway and see how it turned out. After the second rising, once again it barely rose. By this time I had already shaped the dough and put the chocolate safely inside, so I figured, if it doesn't rise, we can scoop all of the chocolate out!

Once I put them in the oven, they gloriously started to rise! The house smelled wonderful! (I love the smell of baked goods in the oven.) The recipe said to eat while warm...so we did!
We loved it and this will definitely be going in my recipe box. My weakness is definitely carbs...bread, potatoes, noodles and rice! But, add chocolate to that mix and I just couldn't resist! When Brenna tasted it, she closed her eyes and said "MMMMM".


2 comments:

  1. MMMM sounds delicious. I want to put that order in for when I come up there. I agree with Grandma....you should start a food blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds sooo good! My weakness is carbs too - sweets included - but I'm diabetic. The hardest part is controlling carbs!

    That looks like something my daughter would enjoy making and my husband would enjoy eating! ;)

    ReplyDelete