Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Slimey Family Fun Night

We had another great time for our family fun night on Friday. We decided to do a couple of "crafty" things. Patrick found 2 things for us to do on the internet. First, we made slime. It was gooey and gross, but the kids loved it!


We all made different colors using food coloring.




Here's the website:
Now, we have baby food jars lined up full of slime. I knew I'd find a use for those jars!


Then, we made coffee filter flowers.
http://www.allcrafts.net/f.php?url=www.thefamilycorner.com/family/kids/crafts/




On Thursday, Patrick dyed the coffee filters and dried them for us to have on Friday. It was really an easy craft, but we loved it! The flowers turned out very beautiful!







We all concentrated very hard to get our flowers "just right"










Then, for our Friday night dessert I made Banana Cream Pie. Denise sent me the recipe. It was my first time to make meringue. Next time, I would double it and make a mountain of meringue! Now, we're brainstorming for next week. Brenna's vote is to have Nachos, but not sure what fun thing to do...maybe family games. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them!
























2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog. What creative ideas you have. I am going to start copying yours since I seem to be a little "duh" in the idea department. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see Patrick doing a sneeze with slime "snot" oozing out of his hands!!! I can't wait to see next weeks!

    ReplyDelete