Saturday, August 22, 2009

Red Ribbons, Nacho Cheese, and Competition

For this Friday Night's Family Fun Night I made a fun game that's sort of like a Scavenger Hunt. First, I hid 15 red ribbons in our yard. I tied some to branches and put one on the clothesline. I then divided them into teams, Patrick and Beth vs Josh and Brenna. They had to stay together and run outside and find a ribbon. When they brought in the ribbon they had to pick from a pile of 10 activities. Each activity had a point value. Once they completed what was on the paper, they had to run and get another ribbon and complete another activity. The first team to get 5 ribbons and activities done received a bonus 50 points.
Here's the list of activities with their point values:
100 points- Build a lego car with 4 wheels
100 points- find a song in the French hymnbook and sing the first verse together (in French)
75 points- Run around the house 2 times while holding hands
75 points- Bring me 5 different things that start with the letter "B"
75 points-Hop on your right foot 20 times, then hop on your left foot 20 times
75 points-Swallow a spoonful of babyfood peas (Yuck!)
50 points- Fit all of Silas's shapes into the shapes bucket
50 points-Sing "Happy Birthday to You" 3 times
50 points-Look up in the dictionary the french word for marshmellow
50 points-Find 3 books with Goofy in them



It was a VERY close race. It came down to the final seconds of Patrick and Beth finding 3 Goofy books and Josh and Brenna fitting the shapes into the bucket! They had fun and laughed and I had a great time wathcing them compete.

Here is Josh and Brenna hopping on one foot! Brenna got the giggles, of course.





We had Nachos for dinner which was Brenna's idea. Nachos is such a fun snack/junk food! For our dessert I made my Apple Pie. I hadn't made an Apple Pie since we've moved to Canada!
I'm excited about next week's Family Fun Night. I'm already planning it. I would tell you what it is, but it's a surprise! One hint....everyone is preparing for this...Back __ ______!



3 comments:

  1. how fun! The pie looks divine. David has been making "David's famous nachos" a lot lately. Maybe we need apple pie to go with those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kami! I saw your comment on my blog and came right over to "meet" you! It is so amazing how many people we meet through online things that know Wes's parents. I will tell Mom & Dad hello for you.

    I sure wish Quebec City was a lot closer to Vancouver; we could spend some time together. I remarked to Wes (my husband - he is Wes, Jr.) that I love Canada so much that I'm sad you have to leave after language school! I'd love to get to know you better. Hopefully we can do that through our blogs and email. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think of these fun things to do? You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete