Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Mother-in-Law

Okay, honestly, when some people hear the word "Mother-in-law" they cringe. Patrick and I both agree that that is not true for us!
Today is my dear mother-in-law's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENISE!
I met Denise 16 1/2 years ago when Patrick brought me home to meet his parents. I have to say, I was nervous, but Denise was so sweet and thoughtful and welcoming. We became friends right away. When Patrick went into the Air Force, I visited with Denise and Carlos (and baby Marc) a lot. We would go shopping together and have lunch. I even spent the night a few times. As the years have gone by we've gotten closer and closer and have so much in common. For one, we both love to cook and are always exchanging recipes. She is an excellent cook! We also have the same shoe size and the same taste in shoes. We've even bought the same pair, at seperate times, without realizing the other one already had those shoes! Do I really want to match my Mother-in-law?? :o) Another thing we have in common: We both think that Patrick is wonderful!
Thank you, Denise, my friend, for giving me Patrick. He's such an amazing husband and I'm so thankful you raised him. Thank you for trusting me to take care of him. You are a strong lady and have a sincere desire to serve the Lord. You've accepted me from the beginning, and I'm so thankful for you.
I love you! Happy Birthday!
Kami

3 comments:

  1. So sweet that your mother in law and you are close! (I share the same birthday with her!)
    I enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your MIL! I have a good one too, as you already know. It's a blessing to have a good relationship with your husband's mother, one that not very many women have.

    ReplyDelete