Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sourdough Challenge #3

What happened to all of my starter??
Well, remember that overflow of starter....that's not exactly happening anymore. My starter is bubbly and it's starting to smell sour, but there isn't a whole lot of it. For our first recipe we need 2 cups of starter. Guess how much I have? (I decided to measure it tonight to see) Exactly 2 cups. So, I went out on a limb tonight and I fed my starter. I added 2 cups water and 2 cups of flour and stirred well. It's been exactly 48 hours since I started. It's up to you whether you would like to do the same or not. I've been researching about sourdough starters and everyone seems to have their own opinion on what is the right thing to do. So, we'll see if this works! Thursday morning will be my baking day.

1 comment:

  1. So, are you suppose to wait 3 days?? Maybe I need to reread all the preperations, but I haven't even got my yeast yet. Maybe tonight's the night. Can't wait to eat some yummy bread. I still want the recipe to your Sweet Bread.

    ReplyDelete