Monday, March 1, 2010

My Next Project....My Baby's Quilt!

I am so excited about the project I am working on....A Baby Boy Quilt! And No, we don't know if we're having a boy! :o) We like to wait and have our babies sex to be a surprise. This makes things even more exciting, but sometimes harder to plan. With Silas, my Patrick almost caved in at our ultrasound to find out! So, when I was expecting Silas I made a baby boy quilt and a girl quilt. Here's the baby girl quilt A Day in the Life of a Missionary Wife: Baby Girl Gimenez Quilt
Obviously we didn't use the girl quilt, so it's ready if we have a girl! But, now, I need a boy quilt! So, this is what I'm working on....A Baby Boy Quilt...just in case! When I was in Florida my Mom took me to JoAnn Fabrics and bought fabric for the quilt.We had so much fun looking at all the fabric and it was so hard to choose. Her and I tend to be pretty passionate about quilting! We love it!
I was trying to decide if I should do traditional blues and I saw a cute starry pattern, but then I saw this fun swirly, fun color fabric and decided to go with it! How fun! I'm doing a random patchwork quilt and it's coming together very nicely. I'm excited about the back, it's going to be something new to me. I love to name my quilts (the two quilts for Silas were "Anxiously awaiting our baby boy" and the girl quilt was "Anxiously awaiting our baby girl") and I've already named this one, but I've only told Josh the name...you'll have to wait to hear it!



3 comments:

  1. the quilt looks beautiful! too bad you wont need to use it! Walker Grace will not want to use a blue quilt! i ordered your cookbook for me. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kami- I can barely sew and don't own a sewing machine, but I love your quilts and I want to make one right now. :) Guess I'll be spending some time at my local fabric shop.

    ReplyDelete