Friday, June 25, 2010

Cooking With Grammy

We're enjoying our visit with Denise and Marc. But, we had to halt plans for a little bit. On the way to the park Wednesday Brenna started feeling bad. We thought maybe she was just carsick. She started feeling a little better, but when we got home....well, let me just say...I think she ate a whole lot of strawberries earlier in the day! How do I know? Have you ever seen bright pink...maybe I'll just leave it at that. She's feeling better now, I'm so glad! The kids have enjoyed cooking with Grammy. First, Silas helped sample her Johnny Cake dough. Patrick's always wanted me to learn how to make her Johnny Cakes. It's one of those recipes that she makes, but doesn't have the measurement. Well, me and Brenna watched and tried to figure it out. They tasted wonderful!











Then, she taught Josh how to make Patties. Joshua loves Jamaican Patties, but Denise makes them with a St. Thomas twist. They were also excellent!!















3 comments:

  1. Poor Brenna! I hope she feels better soon.

    Are johnny cakes similar to biscuits? My mother-in-law makes Jamaican patties, but I've never learned how from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Brenna.
    I bet Denise is really enjoying our Grandchildren. I am so jealous. Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, you need to share these recipes :)

    ReplyDelete